Sunday, March 7, 2021

Portfolio Blog Post Number 13

 Portfolio Blog Post Number 13


    In this post I am going to dive deeper into the target audience for my film opening and why. The target audience tends to be based off of the genre, which are comedy, drama, and teen. The demographics of those that tend to watch movies in these dramas are: teens/family, and usually more female.
 

Why is target audience important?

   The target audience is basically what the whole film is based on. Each demographic that would watch the film needs to be incorporated so that they enjoy it. Examples of demographics are: age, gender, race, occupation, etc. So when choosing the target audience you must look at each demographic you want to incorporate, and see how you can follow through with it.

My target audience:

   Because I choose the genres: comedy drama and teen, I need to go into detail on how each of the demographics I am aiming for will be incorporated into the opening. The first demographic is age, which I choose teen/family. This means that the rating will be pg, maybe pg-13, at most and will avoid a lot of cursing. To aim it at teens I am making it relatable by incorporating school and how it can be boring. The next demographic is gender, which it is "aimed" more towards female. This is only because the two main characters are female and do things that more females, than males, can relate to. But in this day and age everyone has fortunately become so comfortable in expressing what they like to do without including gender, that the opening can be geared towards males and females. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Blog Post Number 24

 Portfolio Blog Post Number 24 Here it is! My CCR! Enjoy:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ail5-mITIGU