Thursday, February 18, 2021

Portfolio Blog Number 5

 Portfolio Blog Number 5


      After doing my past 2 case studies I decided that I am going to stick with the teen coming-of-age and romantic comedy genre. Movies that I am getting inspiration from are films like "Clueless", "Hairspray", and "16 wishes". All these movies are overall light hearted and are about teenage girls in high school going through a "mission". So for this blog post I will be doing my last "case study" on these three movies and elaborate on how I will incorporate the ideas into my film opening.

 
                                                                    Image result for clueless movie


  One of the most iconic scenes from "Clueless" is the scene where Cher, the lead, is getting ready for school. It's the scene that every girl growing up in the 2000s looked up to. Cher shows her "way normal life" as she picks out her clothes from a computer,  walks around her beautiful house, gets into her expensive car and goes to school. I like the idea of following the main character getting ready for her day. This movie is very lighthearted and "pleasing to the eye" to watch with the bright colors. I definitely will be taking inspiration from this movie, and that scene.
                                                               Image result for hairspray

  "Hairspray" starts off the same way I hope to start my film opening, with the main character getting ready. What I particularly like about this opening though, is that you don't see the full character until she is done getting ready. You watch Tracy, the main character, shut off her alarm, do her hair, and get changed all before she is fully shown in a mirror shot. In this movie this is done pretty quickly, as well as with her singing during, which I don't plan to do. I definitely am inspired from this movie, but for my opening I am planning on dragging out the getting ready process a bit.                                                                                                      
Image result for 16 wishes

 "16 Wishes" is the exactly my goal for a main character. An average teenager who definitely isn't perfect but has her perks. I like how relatable the main character is in this movie as well as how you see her family in the opening scene. As it is a Disney movie, it is a bit quirky, which I kind of like. Because I want my opening to be enjoyable for everyone to watch I will definitely keep calm with how quirky, but I might incorporate it a bit. Overall, I really like the lead in this film and will be taking inspiration from it. 

   Overall all 3 movies are inspiration I am taking from. The overall watching the lead getting ready in "Clueless". Not seeing the lead until after from "Hairspray". And the leads personality from "16 Wishes". I'm planning on my film opening being lighthearted, and about a relatable teen girl getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Blog Post Number 24

 Portfolio Blog Post Number 24 Here it is! My CCR! Enjoy:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ail5-mITIGU