Monday, February 8, 2021

Music Marketing Blog Post 2

 Music Marketing Post #2



  The music marketing project overall went pretty good. I was very lucky to be put in a group with the people I was with because they all brought something special to it. For our project we were given the country music genre, which definitely wasn't the easiest since most of us don't listen to it often, but we made it work. Out of the choices given, we chose the song, "Beg, Steal, Or Borrow". It had the best beat and was the song that came with the most ideas for us. From here we planned and wen't into action, which I will explain in upcoming paragraphs.

   As a group, we first wanted to decide who the artists was. Because we already had music videos ideas in mind, we decided it was best if he was a solo artist, which we named Rob Morgan. From this point we began thinking of the details for both the music video and artist. Our main plot was about a man leaving what he knows and finding himself. Which if you watch the music video you would know that this is the plot we followed through with. From here, we split up specific tasks to what fits each person in the group. Angelo is super good at filming and has a lot of experience, and Mitchel fit the lead role best for the music video, which turned out good because Lauren and I worked on most of the powerpoint. As a group, we figured out the music video overall and then we all did our specific work on the details. After all the touchups of the shot board, artists instagram, music video, and presentation, we put it all together. Everyone did their part in presenting everything and it all flowed really well overall. 

   I'm super grateful for the group I was put in and how well we worked together. There were no arguments or anyone who did any less work than another person. I definitely learned that compromise is necessary when making a music video/ work to its best potential. I think everything turned out really good, especially the music video. My favorite part was the end when the main character feels free. I also learned to use time to your advantage, which will definitely come in handy when I'm putting together my Cambridge portfolio. Overall, this project definitely was not easy but I'm glad I was able to help accomplish it as well as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Blog Post Number 24

 Portfolio Blog Post Number 24 Here it is! My CCR! Enjoy:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ail5-mITIGU